Today I took delivery of this little beauty. A Hornby J94 Austerity that I picked up via Rails of Sheffield’s eBay store. A low price that I made an even lower offer on and, quick as a flash, I’ve got another item of traction for my new layout to go alongside the Sentinel.
The loco was listed as repainted and the number 68012 and BR symbol you can see were added on via sticky labels. A splash of water and a gentle rubbing and I now have the following:
I’ve got a set of name and number plates for it already – Alexandra, 1877 – from a previous Sentinel project. All that needs doing on top of this is a repaint into blue, some weathering and the addition of a crew. Reasonably simple and hopefully a quick little project.